Bike Riderâ€™s Safety Measures Using Helmet as a Key
Sanjeev Sahu, Lokesh Yadav, K Diwakar, Vibhor William, ,
Affiliations Mechatronics Engineering Department Chhatrapati Shivaji Institute of Technology Durg-491001, Chhattisgarh, India
Background/Objectives: The basic idea of the project is to make the helmet so smart that without wearing it the driver wonâ€™t be able to start the bike, so that it can ensure the safety of the riders. The main purpose of the project is to encourage wearing helmet.
Method: The system design will be such that without wearing the helmet the rider cannot start two wheelers. The helmet will be connected to vehicle key ignition systems which will be electronically controlled. The smart helmet will be having micro switches fitted inside it, which will act as our switch for on/off ignition. It consist of a RF transmitter and an RF receiver system, the bike will not get started without wearing helmet by the driver, as the rider wear helmet an RF signals radiate from the transmitter and once these RF signals get sensed by the receiver placed in the ignition switch on the bike, bike will get started.
Findings: People prefer motorcycles over the car as it is much cheaper to run, easier to repair, easier to park and flexible in traffic. In India more than 37 million people are using two wheelers. Since usage is high accident percentage of two wheelers are also high compared to four wheelers. Motorcycles have a higher rate of fatal accidents than trucks and buses. According to Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India there are around 1,44,391 bike accidents occurred in 2015 due to which 1,35,343 were injured and 36,803 were killed. Fatal injuries to the brain are an important reason behind deaths due to the road accidents. Therefore, a person riding a two wheeler must wear a helmet in order to protect his skull. Studies show that usage of helmet can save accident death by 30 to 40 percent. The risk of death is 2.5 times more among riders not wearing a helmet compared with those wearing a helmet. Riders wearing a helmet have a greater probability of survival during an accident. This project aims for accident avoidance, safety and security of bike riders.
Applications: This can be used to minimize the accidents and casualties during riding can be used in broadcasting a message among the youth about the road safety and also a number of cases of violating traffic rules can be reduced.
Sanjeev Sahu, Lokesh Yadav, K Diwakar, Vibhor William, â€œBike Riderâ€™s Safety Measures Using Helmet as a Keyâ€, International Journal Of Computer Engineering In Research Trends, 4(1):61-66, January-2017. [InnoSpace-2017:Special Edition]
Keywords : Smart Helmet, RF Module, Encoder/Decoder IC, Bike Authentication, Micro Switches, Keyless Bike, Relay Operation, Motor Driver IC, Bike Theft Prevention.
1. Annual Report on â€˜Road Accidents in India â€“ 2015â€™, Transport Research Wing, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India, New Delhi.
2. Status Report on â€˜Road Safety in India â€“ 2015â€™, Transportation Research & Injury Prevention Programme (TRIPP), Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi.
3. Nitin Agarwal, Anshul Kumar Singh, Pushpendra Pratap Singh, Rajesh Sahani, Smart Helmet, International Journal of Engg. & Technology (IRJET) Vol. 2 Issue 2 ISSN (Online): 2395â€0056 (Print): 2395-0072 (May 2015).
4. Manjesh N, Prof. Sudarshan Raju C H, Safety measures for two wheelers by Smart Helmet, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) ISSN: 2248-9622 National Conference on Developments, Advances & Trends in Engineering Sciences (NCDATES), 09th & 10th January 2015.
5. Amitava Das, Priti Das, Soumitra Goswami, Smart Helmet For Indian Bike Riders, Eleventh IRF International Conference, ISBN: 978-93-84209-47-6, 17th August 2014, Chennai, India.
6. Ravi Nandu and Kuldeep Singh, Smart Helmet For Two-Wheelers, Advances in Automobile Engineering, ISSN: 2167-7670, Vol. 3 Issue 2, Department of Automobile Engineering, SRM University, Kattankulathur, Chennai, India.
7. Manasi Penta, Monali Jadhav and Priyanka Girme, Bike Riderâ€™s Safety Using Helmet, International Journal of Electrical Electronic Engineering and Telecommunications (IJEETC) ISSN: 2319-2518, Vol. 4, No. 2, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication, Dr. D Y Patil Technical Campus, Charoli (BK), Pune, India.
Authors are not required to pay any article-processing charges (APC) for their article to be published open access in Journal IJCERT. No charge is involved in any stage of the publication process, from administrating peer review to copy editing and hosting the final article on dedicated servers. This is free for all authors.
News & Events
Latest issue :Volume 10 Issue 1 Articles In press
☞ INVITING SUBMISSIONS FOR THE NEXT ISSUE :
☞ LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION : 31st March 2023
☞ SUBMISSION TO FIRST DECISION : In 7 Days
☞ FINAL DECISION : IN 3 WEEKS FROM THE DAY OF SUBMISSION
All the authors, conference coordinators, conveners, and guest editors kindly check their articles' originality before submitting them to IJCERT. If any material is found to be duplicate submission or sent to other journals when the content is in the process with IJCERT, fabricated data, cut and paste (plagiarized), at any stage of processing of material, IJCERT is bound to take the following actions.
1. Rejection of the article.
2. The author will be blocked for future communication with IJCERT if duplicate articles are submitted.
3. A letter regarding this will be posted to the Principal/Director of the Institution where the study was conducted.
4. A List of blacklisted authors will be shared among the Chief Editors of other prestigious Journals
We have been screening articles for plagiarism with a world-renowned tool: Turnitin However, it is only rejected if found plagiarized. This more stern action is being taken because of the illegal behavior of a handful of authors who have been involved in ethical misconduct. The Screening and making a decision on such articles costs colossal time and resources for the journal. It directly delays the process of genuine materials.